For an immediate, life-threatening emergency, call 911.
If you feel sick and you are wondering if you have COVID-19, call your health care provider first. If you do not know who to call, you can call your county public health department:
DuPage County: (630) 221-7030
Kane County: (630) 208-3801
Lake County: (847) 377-8000
McHenry County: (815) 334-4510
Cook County: (708) 633-4000
If you are unsure of which county you’re in, you can call the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931.
Congressman Sean Casten:
● Call my office Glen Ellyn (630) 520-9450 or D.C. (202) 225-4561 offices
● Or email me here.
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH):
● Call the IDPH hotline for general questions about COVID-19 and Illinois’ response and guidance: 1-800-889-3931
● Or send an email to: DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES)
● For unemployment benefits questions, call: 1-800-244-5631
● Or visit the IDES website here.
Illinois Department of Aging: Senior HelpLine
● If you’re a senior citizen in Illinois trying to reach the Senior HelpLine, call: 1-800-252- 8966.
U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance
● To learn more about Disaster Loan Assistance for your small business, click here.
- If you lead a small business and have questions about applying for a Disaster Loan, call: 1-800-659-2955
● Or send an email to email@example.com.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline
● If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, call 911.
● If you, or someone you care about, is not in immediate danger and would like to call the Disaster Distress Helpline, call: 1-800-985-5990
● Or you can text “TalkWithUs” to 6-6746.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
● If you have general questions for the CDC, call 800-232-4636.
USDA National Hunger Hotline
● To find food assistance near you, you can call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE.
American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers
● If you’re healthy and able, set up an appointment to donate blood by visiting: