Useful Contacts

Useful Contacts

For an immediate, life-threatening emergency, call 911. 


If you feel sick and you are wondering if you have COVID-19, call your health care provider first. If you do not know who to call, you can call your county public health department: 

DuPage County: (630) 221-7030 

Kane County: (630) 208-3801 

Lake County: (847) 377-8000

McHenry County: (815) 334-4510 

Cook County: (708) 633-4000


If you are unsure of which county you’re in, you can call the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931. 


Congressman Sean Casten:

● Call my office Glen Ellyn (630) 520-9450 or D.C. (202) 225-4561 offices

● Or email me here


Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH):

● Call the IDPH hotline for general questions about COVID-19 and Illinois’ response and guidance: 1-800-889-3931 

● Or send an email to: DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV 


Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) 

● For unemployment benefits questions, call: 1-800-244-5631 

● Or visit the IDES website here.


Illinois Department of Aging: Senior HelpLine 

● If you’re a senior citizen in Illinois trying to reach the Senior HelpLine, call: 1-800-252- 8966. 


U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance

To learn more about Disaster Loan Assistance for your small business, click here.

  • If you lead a small business and have questions about applying for a Disaster Loan, call: 1-800-659-2955 

● Or send an email to 


Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline 

● If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others, call 911. 

● If you, or someone you care about, is not in immediate danger and would like to call the Disaster Distress Helpline, call: 1-800-985-5990 

● Or you can text “TalkWithUs” to 6-6746. 


Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 

● If you have general questions for the CDC, call 800-232-4636. 


USDA National Hunger Hotline
● To find food assistance near you, you can call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE.


American Red Cross and America’s Blood Centers 

● If you’re healthy and able, set up an appointment to donate blood by visiting: 

The American Red Cross 

America’s Blood Centers