Entries are now closed for the 2021 Congressional Art Competition, the following is information on the 2021 art competition.
Dear Teachers, Administrators & Students,
U.S. Representative Sean Casten is pleased to announce this year’s Congressional Art Competition, an annual event that allows high school students from the 6th Congressional District of Illinois, as well as other students from across the country, to showcase their artistic abilities.
The 6th District has an abundance of talented young artists who deserve this opportunity to showcase their creativity.
Before submitting your artwork, please confirm that your student is delivering their piece to the correct congressional office. Only students who live in the 6th district can submit to our office. To find out if the student resides within the 6th Congressional District please visit http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep.
Please note that our office does not require the submission pieces to be framed; however it will be hung at an art gallery and we may need to use an adhesive for hanging. It is best to protect your submission by mounting it on a mat.
You may find the complete 2021 Rules for Students and Teachers, the 2021 Student Release Form, and additional information at https://www.house.gov/educators-and-students/congressional-art-competition.
- Artwork can be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide, and 4 inches deep, (including the frame).
- All entries must be original in concept, design and execution.
- No framed piece should weigh more than 15 pounds.
- Work entered must be in the original medium (that is, not a scanned reproduction of a painting or drawing).
The artwork may be:
- Paintings - including oil, acrylics, and watercolor
- Drawings - including pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, and markers
- Prints - including lithographs, silkscreen, and block prints
- Mixed Media
- Computer Generated Art
The winning entry will be displayed in the U.S. Capitol for a year. The 2nd and 3rd place award-winning pieces will be displayed in Congressman Casten’s Washington DC and district offices.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the district office at (630) 520-9450, or Constituent.ServicesIL06@mail.house.gov.
We look forward to receiving your artwork!