Help with a Federal Agency
If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.
Residents of the 6th Congressional District of Illinois can contact our office for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies. In order to support you in resolving your situation, our office must receive the following items:
- A completed Casework Intake Form or letter detailing the history of the problem and your desired resolution
- Photocopies of supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Signed Privacy Release Form
NOTE: If you are are seeking assistance with an immigration or visa matter, please use this Privacy Release Form instead.
If you have access to a scanner you may return the documents via our Constituent Service email. Otherwise, please send the required documentation to the following address:
Congressman Sean Casten
800 Roosevelt Road
Building C, Suite 210
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to call our office at (630) 520-9450.
Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:
- Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
- VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
- Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
- Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;
The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request. You will review, print, and sign the document after it's generated from the information you enter below.