Casten Holds Second Telephone Town Hall on COVID-19
Downers Grove, IL – Last night, U.S. Representative Sean Casten (IL-06) held his second telephone town hall focused on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. During the town hall, he delivered a brief update on efforts in Congress to address the coronavirus, took constituent questions regarding the pandemic, and heard from local experts about guidance and recommendations for 6th district residents.
The Congressman was joined by officials from the Illinois Governor’s Office, Illinois Department of Public Health, Edward-Elmhurst Health, and the DuPage County Health Department, all of whom provided additional information in response to questions. Questions focused on the just-signed bipartisan CAREs Act, expanding access to COVID-19 testing, and the importance of enacting the Defense Production Act to increase medical supplies and PPE for health care workers.
Below is a copy of the audio file of the telephone town hall, as well as a list of experts. Rep. Casten will continue to hold telephone town halls and virtual events to provide updates and hear concerns throughout this unprecedented health emergency.
- Pat Collier – Deputy Chief of Staff for Federal Affairs, Governor JB Pritzker’s Office
- Laura Vaught – Division Chief, Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
- Mary Lou Mastro – President and CEO, Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Dr. Sanjeeb Khatua – Chief Physician Executive, Edward-Elmhurst Health
- Karen Ayala – Executive Director, DuPage County Health Department